I live in the foothills of Salt Lake City with my husband, 4 beautiful children, and a son that was stillborn in 2006. Our 17 year old son has Type 1 Diabetes and we adore his diabetic alert dog, Iris.
I consider myself an accomplished baker and eager traveler. My inquisitive nature paved the way for my expertise in postpartum care of the whole family as well as a focus in newborn care. With a passion for my profession, I inspire confidence by giving you the facts and respecting your choices. In our postpartum practice, Wasatch Doulas strives to provide evidence-based, practical solutions for your family’s needs.
After working in the medical field for over 17 years, I gained experience in specialties ranging from ophthalmology to orthopedics before discovering my cherished role as a doula in 2012.
I provide professional, honest care to all of my clients. From sleep consulting to overnight care and everything in-between, I recognize that every family is unique and deserves custom-tailored care. Together, we will help you achieve your parenting goals.
Qualifications and certifications include:
– Postpartum, Bereavement, and Birth Doula trained and certified from DONA (expired), ProDoula, and Stillbirthday
– CAPPA advanced training: Working with Multiples
– Newborn Care Specialist trained and certified through Gentle Blessing and NCSA (since 2014)
– Sleep training from Dr. Harvey Karp (Happiest Baby on the Block), Dana Olbeman (Sleep Sense), and Summer Hartman (Summer’s Sleep Secrets)
– Breastfeeding trainings include: 8 hours of lactation training from Julie Johnson, IBCLC; Natural Breastfeeding training from Theresa Nesbitt, MD
– Current CPR certification (20 years continuous)
– Current background check available
– References upon request
– Utah Maternal Mental Health Collaborative member at large
– Served with Share Parents of Utah from 2007-2012
– Served on the Utah Doula Association Board form 2014-2016
– Serving as PTA Treasurer 2016-current
Send Message to listing owner