This year, we invite all members of the Utah Doula Association to a special pre-conference dinner event on April 7th, 2017. Join us at the Wasatch Retreat Center in Salt Lake City at 6:00 p.m. This event is open to ALL members of the UDA, whether or not you will be attending the conference on Saturday, April 8th.
The highlight of the evening will be visiting and chatting with our conference presenters!
Our conference presenters this year are all local and they each work with pregnant, birthing, and postpartum families.
- Elizabeth Smith, MPH, manages the perinatal education department at the University of Utah Hospital and was a member of the team that worked to make the hospital Utah’s first Baby-Friendly Hospital (a designation awarded by the World Health Organization).
- Cami Bearnson is in the final stages of her CNM/DNHP studies at the University of Utah and works with birthing families prenatally, during labor, and in the immediate postpartum.
- Kristi Ridd-Young is the President of Midwives College of Utah and an experienced DONA doula trainer, working to educate the next generation of care providers.
- Kristina Stitcher is a chiropractor who is an expert is caring for pregnant and postpartum women, newborns, and the whole family.
- Christy Van Orman, RN, IBCLC works with local families to get breastfeeding established, troubleshoot breastfeeding issues, and make sure families have the support they need during the postpartum period.
- Finally, Dr. Jed VanDenBerghe is a favorite among local pediatricians and offers care that combines traditional western medicine with a holistic approach.
What an opportunity we have to sit down and share a meal (and wonderful conversation) with these fantastic local providers!
Don’t miss out on this chance. Come enjoy delicious catered food, visit with our wonderful conference presenters, and network with your fellow UDA members. Dinner tickets are $25 and can be purchased here. You may choose between these two main courses (both available gluten free–just make sure to mark that on your registration):
- Pasta with Roasted Garlic Kale Pesto served with a green salad and garlic bread
- Glazed Honey Balsamic Chicken Breast served with potatoes, green salad and bread
We hope to see you there!